CMMI Level 3 for Practitioners course provides participants a much easier way to learn about CMMI L3. These courses help an organization climb CMMI ladder to be the best they can be. By developing the deep understanding of Level3 you can create a strong foundation for implementation of Model.
This three day course provides participants with an understanding of the concepts necessary for achieving and maintaining CMMI Maturity Level 3, including the relationships among CMMI model components. The course is composed of class lectures and exercises. Exercises are designed in a manner that creates dialog among Participants and instructors.
This course is designed for the CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) models. Although much of the material is common and would apply to all other CMMI models, this course does not address the unique concepts that are covered in the CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) or CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) models.
Benefits of the course
Participants after completing the course will be able to:
- Better understand the relationships among different model components like practices, goals, and process areas
- Interpret CMMI-DEV practices at Maturity Level 3
- Develop an understanding of CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3
- Apply process improvement in organizations using CMMI-DEV models
- Do process appraisal in organizations using CMMI-DEV models
- Apply CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3 concepts effectively
- Use CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3 in an appraisal
During the course, participants will be able to share, learn, and exchange ideas with other course participants and the instructors.
- Product Developers
- Process Implementers
- Project Managers
- CMMI Practitioners
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI
- Those responsible for improvement efforts who are trying to understand and implement CMMI
- SCAMPI team members who are preparing for a Maturity Level 3 appraisal
Before registering for this course, participants must:
- Have successfully completed an SEI-authorized offering of Introduction to CMMI (Version 1.1 with upgrade or Version 1.2)
- Have a firm understanding of CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 2. It is strongly recommended that participants gain this understanding by completing the CMMI Level 2 for Practitioners course
Following topics are covered in this course:
- Context for maturity level 3
- Process areas at maturity level 3
- Decision Analysis and Resolution
- Integrated Project Management +IPPD
- Organizational Process Definition +IPPD
- Organizational Process Focus
- Organizational Training
- Product Integration
- Requirements Development
- Risk Management
- Technical Solution
- Integrated Product and Process Development
- Course Summary
Reading homework is required the first and second evenings of the course.
On the first day of the course, participants will receive CMMI® for Development, Version 1.2 Model and Document and Official SEI Course Material.
This 3 day course meets at the following times:
- U.S. locations: Days 1-3, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Non U.S. locations: Days 1-3, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.