ISO 9001:2008 is newly published. The revised version of the quality management system standard was released on November 14, 2008, by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO 9004 is currently under review and scheduled for release in 2009.
Compared to ISO 9001:2000 the new edition contains:
- No new requirements
- Some useful clarifications to existing requirements
- Mainly editorial changes
- A few examples of increased compatibility with ISO 14001:2004
Your organization is expected to:
- Show evidence of review and update the Management System if necessary;
- Make internal auditors aware of the changes; and
- Address in Management Review.
Validity and transition of certificates
Rules jointly set by ISO and the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) for the transition:
- Twenty four months after the publication of ISO 9001:2008 any certificates issued to ISO 9001:2000 are no longer valid.
- Certificates according to ISO 9001:2000 can be issued up to November 15, 2009
- Certification of conformity to ISO 9001:2008 or its national equivalents can now begin as the new standard has been officially published, and a periodic audit or re-certification audit against ISO 9001:2008 can take place.
You have questions about ISO 9001:2008?
Please contact us for questions about the new standard and your next assessment.
Mr. Rajendra Khare, + 91 9810268573, email@example.com