DQS Certification™ Certified Software Process Manager (CSPM) course aims at making the candidates well-versed in software quality assurance and testing techniques and confident enough to appear for the CSPM certification exams. The Certified Software Process Manager (CSPM) certification indicates a professional level of competence and proficiency in the principles and practices of quality assurance in the IT profession. Certified Software Process Manager (CSPM) is a widely recognized certification in the software industry and, indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of software project management in the IT profession.
Approach to CSPM
- Are working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field covered by the certification designation
- Have significant experience and breadth of knowledge to have mastered the basics of the entire Software Project Management CBOK Have reviewed the Software Project Management CBOK
- The approach to CSPM is simple-make sure you understand all the topics given in the CBOK refer the mentioned sections very clearly. First decide when you are going to write the exam.
- Get a copy of the CBOK as soon as possible, if you are not having it.
- Also try to correlate the quality principles/concepts which you are studying to what you are doing/have to do in your current and future roles as a QA Professional.
If these steps are followed, it should not be a problem in getting CSPM certified.
For more details see FAQ
Curriculum for CSPM
This certification requires candidates to demonstrate skills in the following Categories:
- Project Management of Planning and monitoring
- Review and storing procedure process
- Product integration process
- Delivery Process
- SDLC and estimation technique
- Envisioning process
- Validation process
- Configuration process and tools
- Risk management process
- CAR and DAR Practices
Applying for Candidacy
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet one of four prerequisites:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 2 years experience in the information services field
- A 3 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 3 years experience in the information services field
- A 2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 4 years experience in the information services field
- Six years experience in the information services field
ANDAre working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field within covered by the certification designation Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide detailed education and/or employment documentation supporting the prerequisite option selected on the application. If selected for verification, the applicant must supply the documentation to the program. Applicants who fail to provide the requested documentation will not be allowed to sit for the exam or, if the exam has been taken and passed, may be subject to de-certification.
Filing the Initial Application
A completed Certification Candidacy Application must be submitted through the member area for any particular certification. This application is intended to be used by working professionals who feel they are prepared to sit for, and pass, the required examination for the certification designation for which they are requesting candidacy.
The initial application fee is as follows:
- $240.00(includes PDF version of CBOK)
Candidates for certification who rely only on limited experience or too few/specific study materials typically do not successfully obtain certification. Do not apply unless you feel confident that your work activities and past experience have prepared you for the examination.
Applicants already holding a certification from Software Certifications must submit a new application when deciding to pursue an additional certification. For example, an applicant already holding a CSPM certification must complete the application process again if pursuing the CQSPE certification.
Filing a Retake Application
Candidates who have taken their initial examination within 12 months of their acceptance, but did not pass, are eligible to retake the examination up to two more times, as long as your application has not expired. This can be done through the DQS Certification™ India by going to the member area page. Each exam retake requires a $100.00 sitting fee. (see Payment Policy)
- The Exam will be conducting through DQS Certification™ India center and candidate can able to appear on any days.
- Walk-in exam procedure for Objective & Subjective papers on the same day.
- The exam consists of two papers, one objective paper (45 minutes) and one subjective paper (75 minutes). Duration is 2 hours and to pass you need overall average of 75% on the exam.
- You will need to read CMMI® model outside CBOK to clear subjective questions.
If the initial exam is taken inside that 12-month period, a second or third sitting, if required, must be completed within 24 months from the date the original application fee was processed. After the 24-month period has elapsed their candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay the current application fee to begin the process again.
For more information on scheduling an examination, go to Scheduling & Taking the Examination
Interested in taking Certification
Please contact us at the following:
DQS Certification India Pvt Ltd
India: +91.9810268573, +91.9810895173
Outside USA: +1.914.233.3785, +1.646.290.5033
Outside UK: +18.104.22.1684.975
Or use the following form to send in your queries/suggestions/request for quote to us:
- Enquiry Form (Click to open the form)