DQS Certification™ Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) is a widely recognized certification in the software industry now. As a CSQA certified professional, the QA executives will be able to put the QA principles into practice in the right manner at the right time and hence will be able to play a huge role in building the organizations.
Approach to CSQA
- The approach to CSQA is simple-make sure you understand all the topics given in the CBOK as per CMMI® model very clearly.
- Get a copy of the CBOK as soon as possible, if you are not having it.
- Also try to correlate the quality principles/concepts which you are studying to what you are doing/have to do in your current and future roles as a QA Professional.
If these steps are followed, it should not be a problem in getting CSQA certified.
For more details see FAQ
Curriculum for CSQA
This certification requires candidates to demonstrate skills in the following Categories:
- Principles and concepts of CMMI® model
- Process and Product Assurance
- Process Planning
- Process definition, Implementation and Improvement
- Process Monitoring & Control Practices
- Metrics & Measurement
- Quality Audits
- Configuration tool and Practices
- CAR & DAR practices
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
Applying for Candidacy
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet one of four prerequisites:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 1 year experience in the Information Technology field
- A 3 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 2 years experience in the Information Technology field
- A 2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 3 years experience in the Information Technology field
- Four years experience in the Information Technology field
- Have worked in the information Technology field within the prior 18 months
No formal proof of education or employment are required at the time of application; however the candidate may later be required to provide detailed documentation supporting the option selected depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria. If selected for verification, such verification must be supplied to the program prior to sitting for any necessary examinations.
Filing the Initial Application
A completed Certification Candidacy Application must be submitted through the member area for any particular certification. This application is intended to be used by working professionals who feel they are prepared to sit for, and pass, the required examination for the certification designation for which they are requesting candidacy.
The initial application fee is as follows:
- $ 200.00 (includes PDF version of CBOK)
Fees can paid by Credit Card or through Cheque/Demand Draft, for more details see Payment Policy.
Candidates for certification who rely only on limited experience or too few/specific study materials typically do not successfully obtain certification. Do not apply unless you feel confident that your work activities and past experience have prepared you for the examination.
Filing a Retake Application
Candidates who have taken their initial examination within 12 months of their acceptance, but did not pass, are eligible to retake the examination up to two more times, as long as your application has not expired. This can be done through the DQS Certification™ India by going to the member area page. Each exam retake requires a $100.00 sitting fee. (see Payment Policy)
- The Exam will be conducting through DQS Certification™ India center and candidate can able to appear on any days.
- Walk-in exam procedure for Objective & Subjective papers on the same day.
- The exam consists of two papers, one objective paper (45 minutes) and one subjective paper (75 minutes). Duration is 2 hours and to pass you need overall average of 75% on the exam.
- You will need to read CMMI® model outside CBOK to clear subjective questions.
It is critical that candidates keep their Program records up to date. Many candidates change their residence or job situations during their certification candidacy. If any such changes occur, it is the candidate’s responsibility to change their Certification Candidacy Application information using Member’s Area through Log in.
Once a new application is accepted and approved, the Candidacy begins the date the application fee was processed. The candidate then has 12 months from the date the application fee was processed to take their initial exam. If after the 12-month period the candidate has yet to take the initial exam their candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay the current application fee to begin the process again.
If the initial exam is taken inside that 12-month period, a second or third sitting, if required, must be completed within 24 months from the date the original application fee was processed. After the 24-month period has elapsed their candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay the current application fee to begin the process again.