DQS Certification™ Certified Software Business Analyst(CSBA) is a widely recognized certification in the software industry and, indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices associated with the business analyst profession and effectively bridge the knowledge and language gap between the business and IT communities.
Approach to CSBA
- The approach to CSBA is simple-make sure you understand all the topics given in the Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) refer the mentioned sections very clearly. First decide when you are going to write the exam.
- Get a copy of the CBOK as soon as possible, if you are not having it.
- Also try to correlate the quality principles/concepts which you are studying to what you are doing/have to do in your current and future roles as a QA Professional.
If these steps are followed, it should not be a problem in getting CSBA certified.
For more details see FAQ
Curriculum for CSBA
This certification requires candidates to demonstrate skills in the following Categories:
- Business Analyst concept and project management
- Requirement gathering and analysis
- Leadership quality
- Engineering process
- Product development
- Delivery process
- Review and monitoring control process
- Envisioning Process
- Principles and concept of Information technology
Applying for Candidacy
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet one of following prerequisites:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 2 years experience in the Information Technology field
- A 3 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 3 years experience in the Information Technology field
- A 2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 4 years experience in the Information Technology field
- Six years experience in the Information Technology field
Are working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field within covered by the certification designation
Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide detailed education and/or employment documentation supporting the prerequisite option selected on the application. If selected for verification, the applicant must supply the documentation to the program. Applicants who fail to provide the requested documentation will not be allowed to sit for the exam or, if the exam has been taken and passed, may be subject to de-certification.
Filing the Initial Application
A completed Certification Candidacy Application must be submitted through the member area for any particular certification. This application is intended to be used by working professionals who feel they are prepared to sit for, and pass, the required examination for the certification designation for which they are requesting candidacy.
The initial application fee is as follows:
- $200.00 (includes PDF version of CBOK)
All fee paid in USD (see Payment Policy)
Candidates for certification who rely only on limited experience or too few/specific study materials typically do not successfully obtain certification. Do not apply unless you feel confident that your work activities and past experience have prepared you for the examination.
Applicants already holding a certification from Software Certifications must submit a new application when deciding to pursue an additional certification. For example, an applicant already holding a CSBA certification must complete the application process again if pursuing the CQSPE certification.
Filing a Retake Application
Candidates who have taken their initial examination within 12 months of their acceptance, but did not pass, are eligible to retake the examination up to two more times, as long as your application has not expired. This can be done through the CSP Portal by going to the My Examination page. Each exam retake requires a $100.00 (USD) sitting fee.
Fees can paid by Credit Card or through Cheque/Demand Draft, for more details see Payment Policy.
- The Exam will be conducting through Online and candidate can able to appear on any days.
- Walk-in exam procedure for Objective & Subjective papers on the same day.
- The exam consists of two papers, one objective paper (45 minutes) and one subjective paper (75 minutes). Duration is 2 hours and to pass you need overall average of 75% on the exam.
- You will need to read stuff outside CBOK to clear subjective questions.
It is critical that candidates keep their Program records up to date. Many candidates change their residence or job situations during their certification candidacy. If any such changes occur, it is the candidate’s responsibility to change their Certification Candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and Application information using Member’s Area.
Once a new application is accepted and approved, the Candidacy begins the date the application fee was processed. The candidate then has 12 months from the date the application fee was processed to take their initial exam. If after the 12-month period the candidate has yet to take the initial exam their pay the current application fee to begin the process again.
If the initial exam is taken inside that 12-month period, a second or third sitting, if required, must be completed within 24 months from the date the original application fee was processed. After the 24-month period has elapsed their candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay the current application fee to begin the process again.