DQS Certification™ Certified Quantitative Process Software Engineer (CQSPE) is a widely recognized certification in the software industry and, developing professionals who have gained the requisite knowledge & skills to help define & implement an organization’s measurement program using Quantitative Software Process Management (QSPM) techniques.
Approach to CQSPE
- The approach to CQSPE is simple-make sure you understand all the topics given in the CBOK refer the mentioned sections very clearly. First decide when you are going to write the exam.
- Then set goals for yourself depending on the time available, like completing each Skill category in 10 days.
- Also try to correlate the quality principles/concepts which you are studying to what you are doing/have to do in your current and future roles as a QA Professional.
If these steps are followed, it should not be a problem in getting CQSPE certified.
For more details see FAQ
Curriculum for CQSPE
This certification requires candidates to demonstrate skills in the following Categories:
- Process Analysis Technique
- Software Quality Assurance process
- Quantitative methods and technique
- Review and maintenance procedure of process and product development
- Organization innovation and deployment
- CAR and DAR techniques
Quantitative Software Process Management (QSPM) is an approach that integrates the concept of measurement with process management. This approach provides an organization with an objective insight into its goals and the capability of its processes. This facilitates the identification of gaps between the actual and desired output from the process. QSPM enables an organization to measure the capability of a process and use the process data to set realistic performance goals. In addition, it helps to analyze the consistency in process performance and predict the expected output of the process within a given range
- Humphrey, W.S., Managing the Software Process
- William A. Florac and Anita D. Carleton, Measuring the Software Process, Addison-Wesley
- Robert E Park, Wolfhart B. Goethert, William A. Florac, Goal Driven Software
- Measurement – A Guidebook, SEI Publications
Applying for Candidacy
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet one of following prerequisites:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution
- A 3 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 1 years experience in the Information Technology field
- A 2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 2 years experience in the Information Technology field
- Three years experience in the Information Technology field
Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide detailed education and/or employment documentation supporting the prerequisite option selected on the application. If selected for verification, the applicant must supply the documentation to the program. Applicants who fail to provide the requested documentation will not be allowed to sit for the exam or, if the exam has been taken and passed, may be subject to de-certification.
Filing the Initial Application
A completed Certification Candidacy Application must be submitted through the member area for any particular certification. This application is intended to be used by working professionals who feel they are prepared to sit for, and pass, the required examination for the certification designation for which they are requesting candidacy.
The initial application fee is as follows:
- $120.00 (includes PDF version of CBOK)
All fee paid in USD (see Payment Policy)
Candidates for certification who rely only on limited experience or too few/specific study materials typically do not successfully obtain certification. Do not apply unless you feel confident that your work activities and past experience have prepared you for the examination
Applicants already holding a ce rtification from Software Certifications must submit a new application when deciding to pursue an additional certification. For example, an applicant already holding a CQSPE certification must complete the application process again if pursuing the CSQA certification.
Filing a Retake Application
Candidates who have taken their initial examination within 12 months of their acceptance, but did not pass, are eligible to retake the examination up to two more times, as long as your application has not expired. This can be done through the DQS Certification™ India by going to the member area page. Each exam retake requires a $100.00 sitting fee. (see Payment Policy)
- The Exam will be conducting through DQS Certification™ India center and candidate can able to appear on any days.
- Walk-in exam procedure for Objective & Subjective papers on the same day
- The exam consists of two papers, one objective paper (45 minutes) and one subjective paper (75 minutes). Duration is 2 hours and to pass you need overall average of 75% on the exam.
- You will need to read CMMI® model outside CBOK to clear subjective questions.
It is critical that candidates keep their Program records up to date. Many candidates change their residence or job situations during their certification candidacy. If any such changes occur, it is the candidate’s responsibility to change their Certification Candidacy Application information using Member’s Area through Log in.
Once a new application is accepted and approved, the Candidacy begins the date the application fee was processed. The candidate then has 12 months from the date the application fee was processed to take their initial exam. If after the 12-month period the candidate has yet to take the initial exam their candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay the current application fee to begin the process again.
If the initial exam is taken inside that 12-month period, a second or third sitting, if required, must be completed within 24 months from the date the original application fee was processed. After the 24-month period has elapsed their candidacy will expire. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay the current application fee to begin the process again
Interested in taking Certification
use the following form to send in your queries/suggestions/request for quote to us:
- Enquiry Form (Click to open the form)