In today’s world, service organizations, make up 80% of the global economy. CMMI for Services model from SEI can help these service organizations in improving their processes and thus making the most of their resources to achieve desired business results. CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model can be used as a guide to help service provider organizations across the globe in minimizing costs, improving quality, and improving the predictability of their service deliveries, and thus achieving a larger share of profit.
Today customers wants their Service Provider to have a CMMI rating or capability profile, for this reason SEI has developed a new and trusted model for Service Industry – CMMI for Service (CMMI-SVC). CMMI-SVC lets Service providers have the same opportunity that the development companies have enjoyed for years through the use of CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV). CMMI-SVC emphasizes on the improvement of the processes that specifically address the interests and concerns of service providers. CMMI-SVC is the model of practice that service organizations have been waiting for. CMMI for services product suite covers the establishment, management, and delivery of services.
- CMMI for Services is a collection of best practices from the service industry.
- CMMI for Services is a process improvement approach that provide organizations with the essential elements of effective processes (PAs)
- CMMI for Services can be used to guide improvement across a team, project, division or an entire organization.
- CMMI for Services helps to set process improvement goals and priorities the following
- Provide guidance for quality processes,
- Provide a point of reference for appraising current processes
Why CMMI for Services?
- Service organizations comprise 80% of the world economy and their importance is expected to continue.
- Currently, some service organizations apply CMMI for Development to service delivery.
- Other service management do not provide clear improvement path
- Some service provider customers requested that their suppliers demonstrate a CMMI rating to help differentiate their suppliers from one another.
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Model for whom
It is an industry neutral model applicable to any service industry:
- Information Technology
- Health Care or
- any other.
Benefits of CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC)
- Improvement in the quality of services
- Discipline in the culture for service management
- More visibility into services and fewer surprises for the organization
- Application of CMMI process brings credibility and due to this buy in from the stakeholders
- End-to-end life cycle process approach gives the following benefits:
- Service requirements are identified
- Deployment issues are handled easily
- Efficiencies of support-related groups for IT applications are improved.
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Consulting
To increase the competitiveness of the client by helping them to identify and implement service management work processes that are compliant with the CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model the following activities will be performed:
- Conduct CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) process areas training
- Gap Analysis towards CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) target maturity level
- Consultation visits, based on the action plan created upon the gap analysis findings
- Conduct pre-appraisal to check the company readiness for formal appraisal
- SCAMPI-A formal appraisal towards target maturity level
See details on CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Consulting
CMMI Consultants from DQSITC are not allowed to carry out CMMI Assessment or ISO 9001 or similar assessments which are controlled by ISO 17021 and SEI Conflict of Interest Policy. On the other hand, DQS Certification India’s CMMI Assessors and Management System Auditors (like for ISO 9001, 14001) are not allowed to carry out CMMI Consulting. Conflict of Interest Management and Impartiality Policy.
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) SCAMPI Appraisals and Assessments
SCAMPI Appraisal are conducted to benchmark the organization against CMMI Services target maturity level. Identifying the weaknesses in the currently implemented processes in the organization.
CMMI Assessments are carried out to check the compliance (evaluation) of CMMI Implementation in the organization. CMMI Assessments are not Management System Consulting in any manner. CMMI Assessments only bring out findings as we have findings in any Assessment. Hence these CMMI Assessments through the assessment report called Findings Presentation identifies the strengths and weaknesses of the organization. Hence the organization can use the CMMI Assessment Findings Presentation to consolidate the process improvements on a sustainable basis.
During the course of Appraisal the following SCAMPI-A method will be performed:
- Plan for the appraisal
- Train appraisal team members
- Document review & conduct interviews
- Characterization & findings validation
- Reporting results
See details on CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) SCAMPI Appraisals and Assessments
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Supplement Training
DQS Certification India Private Limited is authorized by SEI to provide SEI Official Public Training and Courses worldwide. DQS Certification India provides the following CMMI-SVC Training:
- Introduction to CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC)
- Services Supplement for CMMI for Development
See details on CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Supplement Training