CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) Overview
The CMMI-ACQ, V1.3 model is a collection of acquisition best practices from government and industry. CMMI-ACQ is based on the CMMI Model Foundation or CMF (i.e., model components common to all CMMI models and constellations CMMI-ACQ also incorporates work by several acquisition organizations to adapt the Development constellation for use in an acquisition organization.
Best practices in the model focus on activities for initiating and managing the acquisition of products and services that meet the needs of the customer. Although suppliers may provide artefacts useful to the processes addressed in CMMI-ACQ, the focus of the model is on the processes of the acquirer. CMMI-ACQ integrates bodies of knowledge that are essential for an acquirer.
CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) Model for Whom
This model applicable can be used in the following industry:
- Computer hardware
- Automobile manufacturing
CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) Benefits
Project Failure can be avoided by managing the following through the Application of CMM-ACQ Models. Following are some of the benefits from CMMI-ACQ
- Reduction in Mismanagement
- Increase in ability to articulate customer needs
- Enhanced requirements definition
- Adequate supplier selection and contracting processes
- Sufficient technology selection procedures
- Controlled requirements changes
SCAMPI Appraisal are conducted to benchmark the organization against CMMI Services target maturity level. Identifying the weaknesses in the currently implemented processes in the organization.
CMMI Assessments are carried out to check the compliance (evaluation) of CMMI Implementation in the organization. CMMI Assessments are not Management System Consulting in any manner. CMMI Assessments only bring out findings as we have findings in any Assessment. Hence these CMMI Assessments through the assessment report called Findings Presentation identifies the strengths and weaknesses of the organization. Hence the organization can use the CMMI Assessment Findings Presentation to consolidate the process improvements on a sustainable basis.
During the course of Appraisal the following SCAMPI-A method will be performed:
- Plan for the appraisal
- Train appraisal team members
- Document review & conduct interviews
- Characterization & findings validation
- Reporting results
To increase the competitiveness of the client by helping them to identify and implement service management work processes that are compliant with the CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) model the following services are provided by DQS Certification India:
- Conduct CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) process areas training
- Gap Analysis towards CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) target maturity level
- Consultation visits, based on the action plan created upon the gap analysis findings
- Conduct pre-appraisal to check the company readiness for formal appraisal
- SCAMPI-A formal appraisal towards target maturity level
See details on CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) Consulting
CMMI Consultants from DQSITC are not allowed to carry out CMMI Assessment or ISO 9001 or similar assessments which are controlled by ISO 17021 and SEI Conflict of Interest Policy. On the other hand, DQS Certification India’s CMMI Assessors and Management System Auditors (like for ISO 9001, 14001) are not allowed to carry out CMMI Consulting. Conflict of Interest Management and Impartiality Policy.
CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) Training
DQS Certification India Private Limited is authorized by SEI to provide SEI Official Intro to CMMI-ACQ Public Training and Course worldwide. DQS Certification India provides the following CMMI-ACQ Trainings:
- SEI Official – Acquisition Supplement for CMMI v1.3