CMMI Level 2 for Practitioners course provides participants a much easier way to learn about CMMI L2. These courses help an organization climb CMMI ladder to be the best they can be. By developing the deep understanding of Level2 you can create a strong foundation for implementation of Model.
This three day course provides participants with an understanding of the concepts necessary for achieving and maintaining CMMI Maturity Level 2, including the relationships among CMMI model components. The course is composed of class lectures and exercises. Exercises are designed in a manner that creates dialog among Participants and instructors.
This course is designed for the CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) models. Although much of the material is common and would apply to all other CMMI models, this course does not address the unique concepts that are covered in the CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) or CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) models.
Benefits of the course
Participants after completing the course will be able to:
- Better understand the relationships among different model components like practices, goals, and process areas
- Interpret CMMI-DEV practices at Maturity Level 2
- Develop an understanding of CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 2
- Apply process improvement in organizations using CMMI-DEV models
- Do process appraisal in organizations using CMMI-DEV models
- Apply CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 2 concepts effectively
- Use CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 2 in an appraisal
During the course, participants will be able to share, learn, and exchange ideas with other course participants and the instructors.
- Product Developers
- Process Implementers
- Project Managers
- CMMI Practitioners
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI
- Those responsible for improvement efforts who are trying to understand and implement CMMI
- SCAMPI team members who are preparing for a Maturity Level 2 appraisal
Before registering for this course, it is strongly recommended that participants successfully complete the Introduction to CMMI course (Version 1.1 with upgrade or Version 1.2).
Following topics are covered in this course:
- CMMI overview
- Maturity Level 2 Generic goals and practices
- Process Areas at Maturity Level 2
- Requirements Management
- Project Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Supplier Agreement Management
- Measurement and Analysis
- Process and Product Quality Assurance
- Configuration Management
- Process area to generic practice relationships
- Overview of SCAMPI Appraisal Method
- Course Summary
Reading homework is required the first and second evenings of the course.
On the first day of the course, participants will receive CMMI® for Development, Version 1.2 Model and Document and Official SEI Course Material.
Contact us for timing and venue of the CMMI Training.
This 3 day course meets at the following times:
- U.S. locations:
- Days 1-2, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Day 3, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Non-U.S. locations:
- Days 1-2, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Day 3, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
For registration please send your details (Name, Company Name, Telephone, Email) to email@example.com