With our professional result oriented approach – Active-CMMI for the Agile and CMMI Implementation, organization can gain confidence in facing the SCAMPI Appraisals. This approach has been applied at many organizations worldwide and offers best results. This approach is the result of years of experience and interaction with different organization and project teams and diverse type of project documentations. “Active-CMMI” can help all organizations shifting to CMMI and Agile environment and ensuring best results in assessments.
How DQS can help in achieving CMMI Maturity Level 3 with Agile Environments
The broad steps of this approach are given below:
- AS-IS Assessment: Before staring for the CMMI Journey a AS-IS Assessment is conducted to assess the current state of the organization capability towards the CMMI Success.
- Culture Change: The first and foremost parameter that can kill the whole idea of the combining the Agile and CMMI is the attitude of people involved with projects and process improvement activities. The help of our Orientation Techniques we can help in overcoming this barrier for organizations and can create an environment where people feel that it will help their organization and them too. For the Orientation we provide all sort of support in terms of guidance, posters, and initiation kits.
- Organizational Process Change: Next step is to identify the required processes for the Agile and at the same time that cover the requirements of the CMMI. These may be ported from existing Processes based on other SDLC Models.
- Training on Agile and CMMI: Once the people are changed and are motivated to adopt the new baby and processes are in place we plan trainings for them and help them in learning what they do and what is required by CMMI and how a little tweaking in different artifacts like Daily Stand-up meetings, Estimations etc. can fulfil the requirements of CMMI. A number of trainings are provided to them to understand the concept and before they can take advantage of both.
- Implementation in Projects and Assessment: Now project teams are equipped with all knowledge and tools to do implementation in agile projects. Once we have a good sample implementation assessment can be done to check the effectiveness of implementation and to identify gaps so that they can be closed.
- SCAMPI A Assessment: Once we have a good sample of implementation projects a formal SCAMPI A Assessment can be conducted and organization can be appraised for a Maturity Level.
For more details on Agile and CMMI read
- Agile Software Development Process
- CMMI Implementation in Agile Environments
- How to use Agile Projects to implement CMMI?
- Difference between Agile and Waterfall
- Switching to Agile from other SDLC Models
- Agile and achieving CMMI Maturity Level 3
- Agile and achieving CMMI High Maturity Levels – 4 and 5